I loved putting together this episode of the podcast. So many great questions have been submitted about the Montessori approach and today I spend the whole episode answering lots of them. Hope it will be super useful to all of you no matter where you are on your Montessori journey.
Topics we cover in today’s episode include:
- A Montessori approach to night sleep
- Incorporating Montessori as working parents
- Discipline advice for aggressive behaviour (pulling hair, pinching, etc.) without spanking and convincing family members
- Montessori with multiple children
- Having to justify ourselves to others as a teacher/parent
- A question about nerf guns
- Daily routines and getting anything done
- Montessori ideas for storing Lego
- What about duplicate materials with their Montessori classroom?
- Showing a 1-year-old an activity or task
- Tearing lift-the-flap books
- Parenting in a different way to your partner
- Tantrums in a public place
- Getting your child in a car seat when in a hurry
- When a younger sibling upsets the older one’s play
See? So many interesting topics. Let me know what you think and if you enjoy these Q&A episodes.
Til next Friday!
- The Sleep Lady’s Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West*
- Child of the Redwoods homeschooling
- Thriving, by Michael Grose*
- Article “Boys and Gun Play”
- Play and Go mat for lego *
- Board games – Shopping List and Orchard *
- Janet Lansbury’s article “Car seat tantrums handled with respect”
- My online courses including “Applying the how to talk to kids approach” and “Raising Peaceful Siblings”
* links to my Amazon store