I am excited to share with you a 12-page PDF download to help you find engaging Montessori activities for 3 – 12 year olds.
This resource is going to be one of the appendices in our upcoming book, The Montessori Child, which comes out in March 2024. So I thought it might be fun to give you a sneak peek and for those that are finding it hard to wait.
What you’ll find
- a 12-page PDF download of 70 different interests your child might be interested in
- for children 3 to 12 years
- you’ll get jumping off points for exploration around these interests
- topics cover everything from space to water to handwork to showing an interest in letters to obstacle courses
Good to know
- you do not need to buy any Montessori materials for doing these activities – you can use what you have around the home
- you’ll see that the activities are interdisciplinary – for example, an interest in insects can lead to activities exploring science, biology, art, counting, and language development
- every child has unique interests – the idea is to follow their interests to offer activities that support many areas of their development
- Montessori activities are in essence learning by doing. This list is in no way exhaustive but will serve as inspiration to get you on your way. You can also brainstorm with your child – they may come up with even better ideas to dive into.
There are another 40+ pages of Montessori activities in the book, but this will get you started for now!
Montessori activities for children under 3 years old
If you are looking for activities for children under 3 years old, you’ll find lots more Montessori activities here.
Hope you find this a useful resource in your family.