It’s October! I love everything cosy, which is why I love Autumn so much. I love pulling out my scarf and my boots, admiring the changing colours as I cycle to classes through the Vondelpark, and collecting those crunchy leaves.
Here are some classroom vibes from the past 2 weeks here in Amsterdam. The Autumn light is SO beautiful.
All the Montessori links you need to check out
It has been a while since I have done a link pack of my favourite links around the internet. So here are some of my favourites from the last few months.
Getting inspired for Autumn
- Go on a leaf treasure hunt with this download
- These lovely Autumn books will get us in the mood
- I love getting crafty in Autumn – this and this are two of my favourites
- This natural cinnamon playdough is fun to make and smells so cosy as it cools off outside
- I saved this picture last Autumn to remind me to try using autumn leaves with some fun craft punches + to use cotton buds with paint to make Autumn trees
- It would be fun to make your own DIY mystery box like this
- And while we are on the them of do-it-yourself, I love these DIY bolt boards
- For preschoolers who are starting to get interested in letters and numbers, my good friend Jeanne-Marie has this video on phonetic objects and this video about the memory game of numbers.
- A gorgeous post here about the Montessori mobiles for babies perfect for their visual development
Setting up our homes Montessori-style
- Been wondering what plants to use in a small space? This is your perfect guide
- Getting inspired by this and this and this – beautiful Montessori classrooms with many ideas that would work at home too
- This is a lovely insta account to follow to get some ideas for your home
- I came across this post again recently. I totally share Meghan’s view on toddlers. Tricky indeed but love them so much!
- One of my articles about Montessori on a budget, reminding us it’s not just about the pretty activities
- I enjoyed reading about the rhythm in the day of Frida here. It reminded me of this post about when my children were small – looking at those photos is making me very nostalgic now.
Hope you are feeling inspired. I know I’m feeling ready to get into crafty Autumn action for sure.