In this episode, Barbara and Ferne share so much wisdom from years of Montessori teaching, Montessori parenting and being Montessori grandparents. By the end of the episode, you’ll want to adopt both of them as surrogate grandparents in your home too!
No matter if you have grandparents or not or if you aren’t in touch with them anymore, you’ll get so much wisdom for doing Montessori with other family members or friends.
Links from the show
- Barbara Isaacs – Montessori Europe, Montessori Musings, Montessori Granny, My Montessori Life podcast
- Ferne van Zyl – The Independent Child, Instagram
- The book you wish your parents had read, by Philippa Perry
- On Children by Kahlil Gibran from The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
- What is the research into Montessori?
- A group for Montessori grandparents with Pamela Green
This week’s listener question
My son is 7 months old, I have been following all the Montessori principles that i can find and using it with my son. I live in Kathmandu and the concept is there in a very superficial way. Schools are called Montessori but they don’t follow the principles. So my question is regarding my son visiting his peers / friends who live in a mountain of electronic toys.
How will my son deal with an environment where no one is vaguely following the method. All his toys are wooden Montessori toys and his friends have just plastic and battery operated toys. What can i expect from his interactions with his peers.
And what will the difference be between him and his friends when they are older?