Hope you are all having a fun start to the year. What are your favourite things to do in January? I’m going to live vicariously through you all as I still have a couple more weeks of study left with the altMBA program. I’m taking the chance to really dive deep and get as much out of it as I can. But I forgot what it’s like to have no spare time any more. Will be worth it!
Can I share my excitement? We have a new class pet – a dwarf hamster. Isn’t her little white nose just adorable? As it’s a little girl people are speculating we’ll be calling her Jill (our first class hamster was called Jack). I’ll let you know what we decide.
Now it’s time for one of my favourite things: a round up of all the best Montessori inspired links to help you Montessori your life. Grab a cup of tea, be inspired and take action. Sounds fun right?
January link pack
1. You don’t get nature shelves much more beautiful than this
2. There is genius in the low-cost wardrobe in this post
3. Love this post on how boys learn in a Montessori environment
4. Always hunting for the perfect lunch box? This round up will have you covered
5. A super inspiring peek into an amazing art space by Planting Peas
6. 25 Montessori toys for a 25-month year old that you will want to recreate at home
7. I think this would make the cutest entrance way at home
8. These dominoes make great colour work for kids (use Google translate to read along)
9. Want to know more about mixed age groups in Montessori? Learn everything you need to know here
10. 15 classrooms around the world featured in the Washington Post, some even without walls – but I wonder why they are all sitting in rows in every single photo?
11. You know I love baking with kids – I so want to try this bread recipe (there’s honey in it!)
12. Another home I could move into – with some fun ideas for kids in there too
13. For those of you wanting to keep in the spirit of cold winter days, here is some inspiration for activities at home
14. And anyone else like books without words to read with their kids? Here is a whole amazing list to try
I think that will keep you busy for a couple of weeks! And then I’ll be back with more Montessori inspiration for you. See you ever so soon.