Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are now flopped on the couch resting before the new week begins.
It’s been a busy week here with Week One of my Setting up your home Montessori-style online workshop. We have a large group and it has been so fun to meet all these amazing families.
Today here is my April link pack full of inspiring Montessori-ness. Here’s what I’ve been loving:
- Writing before reading – learn more about the Montessori moveable alphabet here
- Montessori kids get great fine motor skills from working with things like nuts and bolts. Check out this video here from my Montessori friend Jeanne-Marie Paynel.
- Love this list of 100 Montessori-inspired activities for preschoolers
- This looks like so much fun to make – DIY squishy soap:
- And these beautiful Montessori materials from France
Ideas to Montessori your home
- This cloud stool is adorable (via Blossom Kids)
- This home here! Love all the white with pops of colour.
- Add some plants to your home even if you don’t have a green thumb by making this
- Storage ideas galore from all the Amsterdam Mamas here
- How to make your kids crazy about reading with the lovely Planting Peas blog here
- Nicole has two of the sweetest Montessori kids on the block. Read her post on Montessori friendly books.
- And a round up of engaging books for preschoolers
From Montessori classrooms around the world
- Love the movement in a Montessori classroom – watch this video of day in the life of Baan Dek Montessori
- I am dying over the beauty in the Montessori Village’s new toddler class in Spain
- A very special classroom – where my children went to preschool. My kids are now 15 and 14 years old and the same teachers still work there!
Some interesting reads
- This article suggesting the first step to raising a creative child is to step back:
- Making a child say sorry, or not…read more here
Have a great time exploring all these links and I’ll see you soon to keep helping you bring Montessori into your home.