A PARENT’S GUIDE TO RAISING CAPABLE CHILDREN WITH CREATIVE MINDS AND COMPASSIONATE HEARTS
Written by two AMI Montessori educators
The Montessori Child is now available to preorder on Amazon or via any bookseller!
Indigo books (Canada)
Audiobook available at Audible.com etc
plus other online retailers + your local bookstore
Translations to come soon!
To say thank you for pre-ordering the book, we have some beautiful bonuses for you!
Pre-order your copy of The Montessori Child before March 5 and fill out the form to receive an exclusive bundle of digital resources.
How to claim the digital bonuses:
- Purchase The Montessori Child from the retailer of your choice.
- Complete the form here.
- The digital bonuses will be delivered to all customers on March 1st via email, to the same address provided in the form.
- Anyone who preorders (or has already preordered) the book must fill out the form on the landing page to receive the digital bonuses
- Digital bonuses will be released to everyone via email by March 1st
- The deadline to claim the bonuses will be 11:59pm (EST) on March 4th
easy to make sound flip books
labels for your child’s wardrobe/drawers
About the book
The Montessori Child picks up where the bestselling The Montessori Toddler leaves off. This is an everything-you-need-to-know guide to raising your school-aged child (from 3–12 years old, with a bonus chapter for the teen years) in the Montessori way.
The book will guide parents and caregivers in using the principles of Montessori to raise their school-aged children in ways that assist their development and foster a respectful relationship between parent and child and world. When children are given independence, the tools to succeed, and the encouragement to build on their abilities, it’s amazing what they can achieve.
We will give your guidance how to encourage your child’s innate curiosity and independence while creating a family life with more connection, collaboration and joy. Including how to:
- Be your child’s guide while creating the space they need to develop independently
- Support your child’s individual development as well as how they contribute to and become part of society
- Prepare your home to be welcoming spaces to explore, encourage independence, and help your child be part of the family
- Create Montessori activities that follow our child’s unique interests, timeline and way of learning
- Foster grace and courtesy to help your child learn how to respect others and respond to common situations, positive and negative
- Show up for your child and discover the joy of seeing the world through their eyes
- And answer all the difficult questions that come up when raising children
The book includes a comprehensive appendix with 35 pages of hands-on activities to help foster your child’s love of numbers and literacy, art and science, and ones that encourage community-building, social awareness, and connection with the natural world. You don’t need to buy anything special to do these activities – they can be done with things from around the home.
The Montessori Child offers a powerful alternative for parents who feel that family life has gotten too complicated by showing families how to make more intentional choices for your family, how to better understand the needs of your children, and support them as they develop their unique potential.
A sneak peek inside the book
Want to look inside The Montessori Child? You’ll find the table of contents for the book and some screenshots from inside the book below. Enjoy!
About the authors
Who are Simone and Junnifa?
Simone and Junnifa are both trained AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) Montessori teachers working in the classroom and applying the Montessori principles with their own families. They are both passionate about working with families to raise children in a peaceful, positive way.
Simone Davies is the author of “The Montessori Toddler” and has nearly 20 years experience working in Montessori and has a popular blog and instagram, “The Montessori Notebook”. She is also mother to two young adults. Simone currently runs parent-child Montessori classes in Amsterdam at her school Jacaranda Tree Montessori. Simone is AMI trained at 0-3 and has also AMI Assistants certificates at 3-6, 6-12, and 12-18.
Junnifa Uzodike lives in Nigeria and is trained as a Montessori teacher with AMI for all age groups. She has 4 young children and set up Fruitful Orchard Montessori School in 2018 which serves toddlers through to elementary children. She is also the youngest member and first African member of the AMI board. Her blog and instagram “nduoma” is a well-respected resource for Montessori families.
In this book, we share all the answers to the questions we get asked about Montessori for children from 3-12 years old. We can’t wait for you to get your copy and have more families bring Montessori principles into their home as their children grow.
We hope you love it as much as we do.